Special Program: Boards and Communication: How and When to Talk to Your Board, for Better Results
Wednesday, February 07, 2018 10:00 am
In-person | New York, NY
Check-in: 9:45 am
How can you foster better bonds, teamwork, and overall communication amongst your board? Boards perform their duties more effectively when communication is clear, considerate, and authentic. Join us for a special workshop to help you build stronger and better communication between board members, and between the board and executive director. The session will tackle such questions as:
- What does good communication look like in a board, and what are the results?
- How do you handle difficult conversations with your board?
- How do you build trust?
- What forms of communication maximize the board’s time, attention, and skills?
About the Presenter:
Michael Davidson has extensive experience providing technical assistance in board governance both as a trainer and workshop leader for Executive Directors and board members and as a consultant and coach for nonprofit boards.
His experience includes:
- Lead trainer and curriculum designer for the United Way Linkages program, introducing more than 300 young professionals to the skills needed to fulfill the responsibilities of board members
- Chair of Governance Matters providing leadership for panels, conferences and research projects designed to advance the sectors understanding of effective board governance and leadership
- Invited speaker on current trends in board governance for numerous organizations, including bar associations, fundraising professionals and nonprofit professionals
- Member of the review panel for the New York Times Awards of Excellence
- Consultant to more than 150 nonprofit organizations assisting in governance reform, recruitment planning, executive director transition, executive director evaluation, board assessment, fundraising, strategic planning, etc.